Q. I know how to find it on Windows. But how do I find my system information on Linux Operating system. Thanks.
A. Open the command prompt, it might be known as Terminal. The following commands will allow you to find your system information.
System Information
archPrint machine architecture.
df Shows disk free space.
duShows disk usage.
freeDisplay used and free memory on the system.
ipcrmProvide information on ipc facilities.
ipcsSame as ipcrm.
lsdevDisplay information about installed hardware via files in the /proc directory.
lsofList open files.
lspciList PCI devices .
pnpdumpLists ISA plug and play devices resource information.
procinfoDisplay system status gathered from proc.
pstreeDisplay a tree of processes.
runlevelFind the current and previous system runlevel.
straceTrace ssytem calls and signals for a binary program.
sttyChange and print terminal line settings.
tloadPrints a graphic representation of the system load average.
ttyPrint the filename of the terminal connected to standard input.
unamePrint system information, Prints Linux.
vmstatReport virtual memory statistics.
xcpustateDisplays CPU states (idle, nice, system, kernel) statistics. Runs in X?
Knowing what distribution you use would be helpful. If you need more help I'd recommend looking at the website of the distribution you use.
System Information
archPrint machine architecture.
df Shows disk free space.
duShows disk usage.
freeDisplay used and free memory on the system.
ipcrmProvide information on ipc facilities.
ipcsSame as ipcrm.
lsdevDisplay information about installed hardware via files in the /proc directory.
lsofList open files.
lspciList PCI devices .
pnpdumpLists ISA plug and play devices resource information.
procinfoDisplay system status gathered from proc.
pstreeDisplay a tree of processes.
runlevelFind the current and previous system runlevel.
straceTrace ssytem calls and signals for a binary program.
sttyChange and print terminal line settings.
tloadPrints a graphic representation of the system load average.
ttyPrint the filename of the terminal connected to standard input.
unamePrint system information, Prints Linux.
vmstatReport virtual memory statistics.
xcpustateDisplays CPU states (idle, nice, system, kernel) statistics. Runs in X?
Knowing what distribution you use would be helpful. If you need more help I'd recommend looking at the website of the distribution you use.
Where do I find working Linux network drivers?
Q. I recently installed Linux Mint 14 and everything works perfectly except for the internet.
I am using a Realtek PCIe GBE family network controller, and whenever I try to download from the Realtek website, I just get this blank page. Literally, nothing happens whenever I try to download.
The Install Windows Wireless drivers application doesn't work because of it lacking something called the ndiswrapper.
The Additonal Drivers application only comes up with something for the ethernet controller, nothing for the network controller.
I am using a Realtek PCIe GBE family network controller, and whenever I try to download from the Realtek website, I just get this blank page. Literally, nothing happens whenever I try to download.
The Install Windows Wireless drivers application doesn't work because of it lacking something called the ndiswrapper.
The Additonal Drivers application only comes up with something for the ethernet controller, nothing for the network controller.
A. The network drivers are usually compiled into the kernel, you don't need to go and install additional drivers. What have you done to get it working? Do you have two network connectors on your mother board and have you tried both of them?
Getting this working is not difficult but is really beyond the scope of a Yahoo answer. Google ifconfig. Google lspci. Go to www.linuxquestions.org and ask your question, that is an excellent forum for help getting this working.
Getting this working is not difficult but is really beyond the scope of a Yahoo answer. Google ifconfig. Google lspci. Go to www.linuxquestions.org and ask your question, that is an excellent forum for help getting this working.
Where Can I find Linux Video Card Drivers?
Q. I own a ATI Mobility 9600 video card. I have looked on their website, and thought that they didn't make Linux drivers, but than someone on a online forums said they had theirs running with Linux drivers.
I have tried installing Fedora, but that didn't work. I got Ubuntu running actually, but was just having a hard time getting the video card drivers so I can play windows games using Cedega.
I was thinking about selling the laptop soon so I can buy a desktop with a Nvidia card in it. :D
I think I might still do that if I am going to have to build a .deb package from scratch in order to install the drivers.
Can someone please tell me where I might find a .deb package for the Radeon drivers? Maybe it is in Synaptic?
TJ has a link to the support page with Linux drivers, but I am wondering if that will work for the Mobility chipset?
I have tried installing Fedora, but that didn't work. I got Ubuntu running actually, but was just having a hard time getting the video card drivers so I can play windows games using Cedega.
I was thinking about selling the laptop soon so I can buy a desktop with a Nvidia card in it. :D
I think I might still do that if I am going to have to build a .deb package from scratch in order to install the drivers.
Can someone please tell me where I might find a .deb package for the Radeon drivers? Maybe it is in Synaptic?
TJ has a link to the support page with Linux drivers, but I am wondering if that will work for the Mobility chipset?
A. This is the ATI Linux Driver page in their knowledgebase
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=1176
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=1176
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
No comments:
Post a Comment